Copyright & License
Journal of Surgery and Medicine (JOSAM) is an Open Access (OA) journal. The content in the JOSAM is protected by copyright. Copyright protection applies automatically to any original work as soon as it is written down or put into permanent or fixed form. There does not need to be a © symbol next to the work for it to be protected by copyright. It generally lasts for 70 years after the death of the author (or the last remaining co-author). JOSAM articles are fully compliant with funder OA mandates; they are free to read without a subscription.
The initial copyright of a paper is held by the authors. When publishing that paper the copyright continues to be held by the author.
Copyright of articles is retained by the author(s). Authors grant the publisher a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
Creative Commons license
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Upon submission of their article, authors are requested to complete an assignment of Corresponding Author Statement.
Corresponding Author Statement
On behalf of all authors, as the corresponding author of the manuscript, I warrant that
- The manuscript submitted is my/our own original work,
- All authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work,
- I was authorized by all authors to the manuscript and to enter into a binding contract with the JOSAM, and I will be responsible in the event of all disputes that have occurred and that may occur.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted.
- E-mail and street addresses of all authors have been entered into the JOSAM and Evaluation System correctly.
- The manuscript has not been published and is not being submitted or considered for publication elsewhere.
- The text, illustrations, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
As the corresponding author, I also warrant that “JOSAM and the Journal Editors” will not be held liable against all copyright claims of any third party or in lawsuits that may be filed in the future, and that I will be the only person who will be liable in such cases. I also warrant that the article contains no libelous or unlawful statements, I/we did not use any unlawful method or material during the research, I/we obtained all legal permissions pertaining to the research, and I/we adhered to ethical principles during the research.